Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow + New Toy = Pictures

This morning I bungeed a broken pair of Yak Trax to my trail runners and headed into Wissahickon Park. Conditions were just right. Not too cold. Not too warm. The trails were packed down just enough that I could run without being knee-deep in snow (I almost ordered snowshoes the other night but then decided that maybe I would like cross country skis instead, possibly, so now I've ordered neither so far).

I was wishing that a camera would magically appear as the park looked beautiful. How I love technology -- I had a new iPod that the mom and the dad gave me for my birthday and it magically has a camera. Hooray.

Bungeed the hell out of these things to my shoes.
Quite bobo. But it worked.




2 comments:

Abby said...

I love Wissahickon in the snow... I was sad not to be able to take advantage of it with this storm!

Brent and I did go on a 7-mile snowshoeing run/hike yesterday up Mount Greylock and back, so that was something. I'd definitely vote for the snowshoes over the skis, but that's just me :)

Mallory said...

Haha I am not THAT hardcore. 2010 would be a TON of miles. Thanks for following my blog. It's nice to have people that constantly encourage each other! Have a very Happy New Years! Stay safe!