- Here's a tip: Do not ride your trainer for two hours and then go to your hockey game. I am hurting sort of a lot right now. The mosquito bite that I got on my forehead during the game isn't helping, either.
- Happy travels and racing to Abby and the rest of Team Goals who will be racing for something like 84,866 straight hours in Costa Rica next week.When I think of Costa Rica I immediately think of vacation and beer but, also, not everyone is as lazy as I am.
- After this weekend's half marathon (that I haven't trained for at all), complete with a beer and a bratwurst at the finish line, I am not registered for another race until the Philly Marathon in November. This should change soon as I have my eye on a few races, but nothing definitive yet.
- I had the worst run of all time on Saturday. Seriously, I don't think I've ever felt worse during a run in my life. I did about an hour on roads and, about 40 minutes in, felt like I was going to tip over. I actually had to walk. Not sure if it was the heat, dehydration, the fact that I was pushing the pace a bit in anticipation of the upcoming 13.1 (that. I've decided, will be a complete hot mess, but hopefully a fun hot mess) or what but I felt terrible.
- I had a pile of maps in the middle of the family room. I was pretending like I was studying them in anticipation of potentially doing a race in the area the maps covered. We all know I can't actually navigate so what I actually did was unfold them, pretend to stare at them and then fold them back up. Bob liked the maps more than I did and spent about an hour splayed out on them. He also jumped into the bag I put them in and howled when I tried to get him out.
|Animals are weird.|
That is all.