7) I like to stay up late. Very late. Regardless of what time I have to wake up I never climb under the covers until at least 12. As a result I have an excessive hatred of mornings. Apparently I was like this from the moment I shot out of the womb. The night before a race or even before a training run (on the days I manage to drag myself out of bed before work to get in some miles) I usually sleep in my running clothes just to stay in bed for a few more minutes. I am not making this up.
5) The first country I visited was Portugal in the summer between my junior and senior year of high school. I went with some friends from my Spanish class and my Spanish teacher. I don’t remember a lot about Portugal, other than it must have made a good impression because I want to go back. That, and that, along a river there, there is a statue of Jesus that has a three-meter nose. Our tour guide didn’t know a ton of English and just said over and over again, “That is a statue of Jesus. Jesus has a three-meter nose.” Don’t believe me? Go to Portugal and see Jesus’s three-meter nose for yourself.
4) Three cats live in our house. They are called Vivian, Bob and Kevin. Before we had Kevin we had Barbara. Bill took her to a farm last summer where he says she is now living happily ever after. My mom worries that if we ever have kids we will name them Fluffy, Mittens and Cupcake. She is probably right to be worried.
|Philadelphia Folk Fest, circa 2006. Freakin' dirty hippies.|
3) Depending on how beer snobby I am feeling my favorite beer is either Golden Monkey or Miller Light. The family we camp with at the Philadelphia Folk Festival (we go just about every year) even named our camp site The Golden Monkeys in honor of the beer. Depsite having a zillion folk fest pictures this is the only family photo I could find that also sort of shows our Golden Monkey flag. The Golden Monkey beer, unfortunately, didn't make the picture.
1) I think oranges (or any fruit even slightly similar to an orange) are disgusting as is yogurt with fruit on the bottom.