Monday, November 29, 2010

I Guess This Beats Getting Hit In the Head With Falling Rocks

I live basically at the end of Wissahickon Park, an awesome, giant green part of the city with a zillion miles of trails for running, biking, hiking, rock climbing, horseback riding (I don’t actually partake in this activity), cross-country skiing (I don’t really partake in this one, either), snowshoeing (no partaking in this, yet again), unicycling (there is a dude who rides a mountain unicycle through the park, I see him constantly and sort of want to be his friend) and humping.

When we decided to buy a house we didn’t care that much if it had a roof, rooms, running water or electricity --- we cared about how close it was to the park and have landed about 3/4ths of a mile from its main entrance.

Except now the entrance is closed and I am surly. The park basically sits in a valley and thus has several awesome old bridges that span it. One of the bridges, is, apparently, dumping rocks onto the runners, hikers, rock climbers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, unicyclers and humpers. The city, fearful that people will be squished by things falling from the sky, has essentially closed this section of the park indefinitely.

Not the end of the world, certainly, and there are plenty of other park entrances (that are farther away), but this makes me grumpy. Crumbling bridge, please stop interfering with my activities. Thank you.

That is all.

2 comments:

Johann said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog. Sounds like you live in a great place. I hope the park opens soon. Have a good week1

Abby said...

Great minds think alike today :)